Sunday, May 10, 2009

New York- GreenSkate

Green Skate 09 Wrapup (www.bustinboardslongboards.com/blog)
By Matt | April 25, 2009
As I just began typing this, my leg seized in a cramp that made me laugh it was so painful. I need to drink more water and less adult beverages so I can skate hydrated. I digress…
The skate went off without a hitch and we had around 70 riders show up, many of which were repping Bustin with their shirts, boards and TATTOOS!!!! Can I say that again, TATTOOS!! I thought I was die hard for this company with putting in the hours I do, but these kids got TATTOOS! (More to come) Needless to say I got a little emotional and gave out some hugs…again, I am far from the point of this post.
I am waiting on the pics to be emailed for a final tally, but the event was a success in my book. 70+ riders from all over the place; BK we go hard, Harlem stand up, all parts of Jerz, CT came through and even Brasil! 1230 and we were off to see the sights of the world’s most amazing urban Park. A leisurely push, carving between bikers and waiting sun bathers, the Park was as alive as i have ever witnessed. Thousands of people there and lots of questions answered about what we were doing. Many people loved that we were pushing for a good time but many more loved that Green Skate was geared toward something more, a reminder that we can make a difference every day we step on a Bustin, Original, Loaded, or even a Sector 9(jokes, I have love for all my industry).
Back to Columbus Circle and then down Broadway to play in traffic. All told it was about 20 miles for this kid today and my legs are dying. I have a long way to go if I am to actually race this year in the Broadway Bomb, but Im ready for the challenge.
IN all seriousness, thanks to everyone that came out for the first organized roll through the city. Lets do it again and soon. Old Bustin riders, thanks for continually repping and surprising me with your skills. New Bustin riders, and I saw a bunch, keep those boards pretty cuz I printed em and welcome to our family. Its official, Green skate 09 is a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers